Amazing Sleeping Tips
This article on Sleeping tips tends to expose to readers the need to devote time to this natural occurrence, which is a periodic state of rest for the mind and body. During sleep the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. The process makes the brain in humans and other mammals to undergo a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.
Sleeping is very essential to both adult and infants, it enhances productivity and good health according to the National Sleep Foundation
Sleeping Tips Base On Age Range
- Getting enough sleep every night is crucial for human health
- Yet about 40% of adults suffer from insomnia. (An insomnia is inability to sleep)
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has called our lack of sleep a PUBLIC HEALTH EPIDEMIC
- It’s important we make sleep a priority in our life again. The National Sleep Foundation and other health concerns organizations has emphasize the important of having the stipulated minimum hours of sleep as stated below.
- New Born (0 to months)————-14 to 17 hours
- Infant (4 to 11 months)————–12 to 15 hours
- Toddler (1 to 2 years)—————-11 to 14 hours
- Pre-School (3 to 5 years)————-10 to 13 hours
- School Age ( 6 to 13 years)————10 to 13 hours
- Teenagers (14 to 17 years)————8 to 10 hours
- Young Adults (18 to 25 years)———7 to 9 hours
- Adults (26 to 64 years)————–7 to 9 hours
- Older Adults (65+ years)————-7 to 8 hours
Benefits of Sleeping Well
- Having sound sleeping increases productivity, performance and cognitive alertneess
- It increases testosterone levels, which boosts sexual drive for both men and women.
- Sleeping as at when due has positive impact on learning. Both adult and young ones who has enough sleeping before engaging in learning tend to understand more than those that deprive themselves sleep. the brain need rest to regain its alertness and energy lost in the course of hectic activity to be more productive.
- Having good sleep before driving increases percentage of safety and reduces the rate car crash. Driving while feeling sleepy is compared with driving while drunk. Lack of enough sleep and driving when intoxicated with drinks has the same level accident risk. Both are a common cause of serious injuries and in tests, sleep-deprived drivers perform like alcohol-impaired drivers.
- Sleeping well impact positively in the cardiovascular system which is always in active mode, it helps to reduce stress and inflammation in the body. High level of inflammatory markers can result to stroke and heart disease, hence when the body is relaxed with enough sleep it helps to keep blood pressure and cholesterol on check.
- Sleep helps regulate the hormones that affect and control your appetite. This will not give room to eat much food especially those high in carbohydrate instead of vegetables and fruits.
- Having sufficient sleep alters mood disorders and create mood of happiness and pleasantness. Someone that does not sleep well will be reactive and unnecessarily aggressive.
Danger Of Lack Of Sleep
The dangerous effect of Sleep deprivation includes:
- Lack of enough sleep can lead to Weight gain.
- Weakened immune system
- High blood pressure
- Loss of memory
- Heart diseases and many other serious problems.